The Soweto Theatre is the cultural heartbeat of Jabulani Soweto; it is more than a theatre – there will be several performance spaces, parkland, public art and other amenities. Dedicated to the arts, it is here that the community will be able to find expression.
It will be a multipurpose performing arts centre, used for theatre productions, music productions, dance productions and choir singing. It will also host festivals, conferences, meetings and community gatherings.
- A 420-seater main venue with an end stage, fully provided with wings, orchestra pit, fly tower and buttress;
- Two smaller black box venues of 180 and 90 seats;
- An indoor foyer area which connects all three venues;
- Multilevel change rooms, storage rooms and a greenroom
- An outdoor covered plaza, which will serve as an additional informal performing space.
- Surface parking
- Ground and Basement